Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 4th Bundts

I found a recipe for Graham Cracker Bundt Cake that I thought sounded very interesting. Instead of flour, it called for crushed graham crackers. I wondered if I could use it to make Smore Bundt Cakes.

July 4th weekend we were invited to Kaw Lake. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try out my idea....what's the most important thing when you're camping? Smores!
I used a baby bundt pan, put in a scoop of the graham cracker batter, three marshmallows, a piece of chocolate and then another scoop of batter. I pictured in my head a nice warm baby bundt that burst with chocolate and marshmallow when you bit into it....just like a smore you would make around the campfire.

No...that didn't happen. While the baby bundts were baking, the chocolate sunk to the bottom & the marshmallow floated to the top, puffed up really big & toasted brown. Not at all what I had hoped for. The ended up tasting very bland.

I plan to attempt Smores Bundts again, I will just have to rethink it a bit!

This is my friend Tammy modeling the Smores Baby Bundts. She is the official Bundt Chronicles Model.


1 comment:

  1. What if you did this with a big bundt and then frosted it with a marshmallow frosting and drizzled with chocolate sauce? You could also add mini chocolate chips in the batter and what about those tiny little freeze dried marshallows that come in things like hot chocolate? You could add those to the batter too!

    ReplyDelete