Monday, May 3, 2010

Apple Spice


I made this cake Sunday afternoon. It has Granny Smith Apples in it and homemade caramel sauce for topping. The recipe said to bake for 75-90 minutes. I baked it for 75 and it was a little dry. If I make this one again, I won't bake it as long.

It was really good served warm with vanilla ice cream.

We decided we need a rating system for the cakes. On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best, this cake received a 3.5! If you live nearby and you're interested in being on the "Bundt Panel" for the next cake, let me know!


2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty yummy! I love the placemat you have it on. That could totally be part of your thing, displaying your cakes on cool placemats for the pictures.

    Eric's parents have apple trees. Remind me this fall and we'll bring you back some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the placemats, I'm hoping it will help make the pictures a little more exciting...I don't want to pictures to all look the same!

    ReplyDelete