Monday, May 3, 2010

Old Virginia Blackberry Cake

I found blackberries on sale and decided to find a recipe for them. I found two. I was missing a few ingredients for one so I tried the Old Virginia Blackberry Cake. It has cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove in it. I thought this sounded strange with blackberries, but I made it anyway. It was not good. In fact, I would say it's the worst cake I've ever had. I took it to work and everyone ate it. They all agreed it was "different", but they ate it! My Mom and Step dad liked it too. I still think it was gross. I will not be making this cake again.

I also need to work on my frosting techniques....this one is not very pretty! Overall, this cake was a fail!

2 comments:

  1. I totally laughed at how blunt you are...It was not good. LMAO. You think it would have been okay without the clove?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could of been the clove that I disliked so much, I don't know. The taste of the blackberry with the spice cake just really grossed me out! I want to be honest about my cakes, even when they are really bad! :)

    ReplyDelete